Above: Dr. Gena Jurek, founding Foundation Vice President, on behalf of the Friends of John Paul board, greets our national founder, Orchard Lake Chancellor Miroslaw Krol and Cardinal Stanisław Dziwisz, key confidante and secretary to St. John Paul the Great to the United States.
Please join us and receive a special indulgence for remember St. John Paul the Great at the Orchard Lake Shrine Chapel. Orchard Lake, the institution that organized his first trips to America in 1969 and 1976
Friends of John Paul II Be Not Afraid Foundation Michigan Chapter was established as a non-profit organization which coordinates the fundraising activities in liaison with the Center in Krakow.
- President – John Roland
- Vice-President – Joseph Serwach
- Treasurer – Joseph Kalenkiewicz
- Secretary – Mary Ellen Tyszka
- Chaplain – Rev. Stanisław Ulman
Board of Directors
- Bishop Francis Reiss, Honorary Chairman of the Board
- Cardinal Stanisław Dziwisz
- Msgr. Chuck Kosanke
- Dr. Gena Jurek
- Henrietta Nowakowski
- Dr. Zdzisław Jurek
- Michael Lacey, Esq.
- Barbara Middleton – President of the Holy Trinity Apostolate
- Raymond Okonski
- Anthony Koterba